Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why I read the newspapers

Sometimes, i forget why. then i wonder. why the heck i bother reading lah.
then after that, when i remember, i'm like.. isn't it like so common-sensical why people read?
then again, different people read for different reasons.
anyways, i shall gibber about it here. to remind myself when i forget - when i stop reading for long periods.

1. Know what's going on.
- to exercise democracy - must know what good/bad things that're going on with the government/political parties right?
- to react accordingly la..like those swine flu/sars flu stuff
- to find opportunities - otherwise i wouldn't have applied/gotten the asean scholarship (oklah. that time is shirley find wan.. ) - not just scholarships la... anything else also.

2. Get things in perspective.
- when read about the bombs in Pakistan, or about the Israel stuff, or about the undernourished/educated kids in Africa - it's a reminder to be grateful, that my difficulties/blunders/whatever could've been much worse. it also reminds me that there's so much that can and should be done. sometimes, they're so far and frequent that i become desensitized. but they're real.
- it expands the mind. duh. otherwise the world is just my home, my school/work, my family and friends.

3. Entertainment
- no. not just the comic section. it's just a pleasure to read sometimes. when there're a few good articles - insightful, satirical, or funny lah.

Since these are all that came to my mind just now. I think that these sum up my current main reasons. no. even though i sometimes like to read, i don't read all the time.. i flip flip flip through the local paper. and i go to www.iht.com, see the headlines, see the list of most emailed/blogged articles. and read if the article seems interesting. time is expensive. only read nice wan oni.

*

reminds me of my forwards.. oni forward nice nice wan oni.
eh. but i didn't forward for such a looong time already although i got quite a few not-bad forwards.

lazy oredi. oh wellz.

No comments:

Post a Comment