Sunday, February 3, 2013

What I remembered while recollecting my old self

Given the dreariness of these days,
given the very little visible importance of micro/macro economic theory to future applications,
given the very little usefulness of becoming more knowledgeable regarding the stockmarket,
given the disappearance of some close friends,
or perhaps the increased awareness regarding the loosening of ties,
given the desire to hope that the future, not just the infinite future, but also the immediate future had something to look forward to,
I decided to review what changed about myself in the last few years.

Quite a bit actually. Something that cannot be shared in just a few paragraphs on a public blog.

At the same time, I remembered that I once had a xanga! And I found it! And I found a protected old post detailing my memories surrounding his death. It was encouraging and refreshing, listening to the me of 7 years ago (Wah so much time has passed! A baby born 7 years ago would be in Primary 1 now) And at the same time I laugh at my old silly, academically ambitious, selfish self. And at the same time miss some of the me of the past.

I'm glad I blogged in the past.

I think I'll write somewhere about hopes for the future when I'm free.
Perhaps detailing it will be good, it's a lot easier to focus and to strive, when I can keep my eye on the goal. Hopefully it will prevent myself from becoming too selfish with my life and instead use it wisely.
I'd hate to say I wasted life at the end of the my life!



P.S. My xanga is an unsearchable blog. I have not decided whether or not to make it public. I might share snippets of memories if you ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment