Thursday, September 24, 2009

Facts don't change when people lie

When we take exams, we normally don't get 100% marks. But English is still English. Math is still Math. 1+2=3 is still 1+2=3.

Similarly, when Christians are taught Life and Truth, not all understand and practice at 100%.
But that does not mean that Christianity is false. It still is true.
- It once bothered me how unChristianly Christians were behaving. I wondered whether that was really how Christians should be. It was disappointing when some do not live up to their expectations. I had to continually remind myself of that people don't practice what they preach/learn sometimes and see how it applies on myself too -- this was to stop the thoughts that it's just a lifestyle thing from bothering me, so that I'd examine it myself. no peer/people influence.

Hmm.. Also similarly, when people learn values, we kind of get them or sometimes intellectually understand why it is good and how it matters, but not 100% if we don't fully appreciate it. So there're slip ups here and there as signs that the value isn't truly integrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment