Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Last-minuter

Hi blog.. Long time no seeeee.. I can't remember what I posted previously. But whateverlah.

Heh heh. I'm simply, a lazy person.

Got my college application results a few days ago.
They're mostly bad. I think my commonapp essay was terribly terrible.
But I've got a few waitlists. So I have a second chance perhaps.
Worst case scenario is I just go to NUS/NTU, which is still a good deal.

Nonetheless, I have to make my love letters as persuasive as possible - that the school just had to admit me. And there's 7 days to do that. I received quite some advice on these supplements. I think I first need to make my mind think that I can get into those universities. Right now, it still isn't in the right frame. How can I do a persuasive and effective essay with this kind of mind?

While browsing around facebook, for inspiration, I've watched some commencement addresses.
I like Obama's speech at Wesleyan last year. It's rather beyond-thyself kind, making-a-difference-bit-by-bit kind, and bracing-yourself for the future kind. I like. Perhaps I might re-listen/read as I make my appeal letters. I was going to watch Oprah's at Stanford. But internet connection's bad now, so I read it instead. More of life lessons. Hmm. I also like this, also at Wesleyan.
I often like commencement speeches. Because they're so hope-inspiring and arranged well.

Oh! I just submitted my USP application yesterday, at 4 minutes past midnight. I'm such a last-minuter. But hey, in the last hour, I was trying so sooo hard to upload my supporting documents. At about 11.55pm, I finally decided to mail them in instead. Then, I suddenly couldn't access their website. -_- I managed to click on 'submit' at 12.04am. Their system is soo annoying. But I hope they don't disqualify procrastinators from their programme. Hmm. It felt cathartic to finish and submit my essay on equality though. Finally, a reasonably organized essay on that topic. Attempts on this topic before this were too messy and unpresentable.

I hope that I've been teaching Science well. I'll know today as I mark my students' test papers. I hope that me-adapting-to-mixing-malay-in-my-teaching-a-lot-a-lot did not start too late. Four more weeks before I stop being their science teacher.


Now off to work on applications, love letters, teaching preps, and etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment