Monday, April 13, 2009

Equality essay rant

Edmund Burke said,
"The only thing necessary for the perpetuation of evil
is for good people to do nothing."


I'm tired of fixing my equality essay. It's rather idealistic, informative and unconvincing, slightly contradicting, and gaseous(new way of describing a not-so-good essay!). And to think that I've submitted it to USP already... Whatever lah. I'll leave that to chance.

In any case, while I was reading some racism kind of stuff, I found out about Jane Elliot. She introduced the blue/brown-eyes exercise which makes people experience what it's like to be on the inferior end of racism/male-ism(can't think of the word now).

I think I should read up more about racism and inequality stuff if I were to do a good equality essay. Sigh. Writing's not my thing lah.

Maybe after I'm done with letters to colleges, I'll do it.

For now, I've got my hands full.



Aiyo.. How am I gonna do many many essays when I enter uni later...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for connecting with the Agora, jcwy! on racism, try to look up the great abolitionist William Wilberforce and of course Martin Luther King Jr

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy! sure.. didn't think of william wilberforce before.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete