Friday, April 22, 2011

Saved



Today, my head was saved by my helmet. I was cycling a bit fast. As I turned in at a junction, I was surprised to see another cyclist coming in the opposite direction. So I further slowed down and turned at the same time, and heard the cracking of leaves as my bike wheels crushed lots of dried leaves on the ground.

Next thing I know, I was lying sideways on the ground. And I got up rather quickly. My head felt slightly dizzy, and I realized that my head, protected by my helmet, (thank God I obeyed the Australian safety rules) had hit the ground. With the helmet on, the bump on the floor felt like one of those hard (accidental) hits on the wall / under the table.

The helmet was only lightly scratched.
Thankfully, this place is so cold, so I was wearing my long jeans and hoodie, so I didn't get scratches, just an abrasion on the knee.

So today, my helmet saved me. Could've gotten a concussion without it.
I'm so going to ALWAYS wear the helmet from now on, especially this autumn when there's so much leaves.

--

I was saved on Good Friday.
My soul is also saved, thanks to what made Good Friday, Good Friday.

1 comment: